Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I should Have Done on New Year's Day

So Demetri Martin showed the "Pie Chart of Procrastination" as a part of his comdey skit.
It was a blank circle.
LOL!!
If you don't get, GTFO RIGHT NOW!!!!
Just Kidding.
I haven't been on in a while.
Things have changed, kinda.
Maybe not.
I was going to come in on New Year's and refect on 2008 and write a resolution.
Did I!?
No!
Am I going to!?
Possibly.
But I am the world's biggest procrastinator.
I still have to write the essay for my dream school, but I don't want to start because I'm afraid it won't be perfect, which it needs to be.
*sigh*
So while I was trying to think of a resolution for the New Year, I decided every aspect of myself needs changing. So my resolution is to change everything.
Yeeeeeah.
Not going so well.
*sigh*
I don't think I can change everything about me.
I don't really want to either.
I just want to go to college.
BAD!
Preferably in New York City.
Well, here goes my reflection on 2008.
2008 was great.
No lie.
This past year, I was soo hyped to be alive.
My parents have deffinatly given me more room to breathe and I love them for it.
The moment that stands out most about 2008 was my awesome summer.
It was totally not what I expected.
I had it all planned out.
I would go to Canada, 5 dates on Warped Tour, out to Chicago, and then to NETC.
My perfect Summer.
Yeah, didn't work out that way.
So many road blocks came up, that by summer, I was sooo bummed.
But God does exsist.
And even though my summer didn't go exactly like that I...
-Got to go to Baltimore to see a hometown All Time Low show for my birthday. It was so spectacular, I'm still thanking my parents for bringing me=)
-Got to go see All Time Low, AGAIN, the day after I got back from Baltimore with Melissa.
-Two days later, I got to see All Time Low, AGAIN, at Warped Tour, which was so epic I made a box about it in my ceramics class.
-Got to see Boys Like Girls the day before I left to go to NETC.
-Had the best time at NETC!
So all in all, my summer was perfect. Not in the way I was hopeing, but soo much better.
I have the same hopes for 2009.
So far, things are working out in my favor.
The first week in April, I'm going to NYC for our senior trip with my church. Should be a total blast=)
Then, I'm leaving for Japan on April 18th? I'm not really sure. I'll have to double check and spending a week there.
It's effing Japan. I'll write a whole blog about how pumped and possibly sick I'll be before I go.
Then two or three days after I get back, FALL OUT BOY AND ALL TIME LOW are coming to the Tsongas Arena, which is five minutes from my house.
THEN, with parental permission, I'll be going to Bamboozle, hopefully with Melissa, three or four days after FOB and ATL roll into Lowell and I'll get to see them again.
Then, I have my prom/last day of high school on May 22nd.
I graduate June 3rd.
My 18th birthday is July 19th.
Hopefully I'll have enough money to go to at least two Warped dates this year.
And, God willing, I'll be starting school down in New York City at the Fashion Institute of Technology in September.
2009 just has "Best year ever!!" written all over it.
I'm so stoked for the coming year that I still refuse to write my FIT essay.
Like I said, it needs to be perfect.
*sigh*
I'm such a Type A.-_-

No comments: